Importance of PMIS
Organizations are increasingly demanding the use of computer based tools from their project managers and their team, for good project management planning and tracking. Thus by developing skills to effectively use a Project Management Information System (PMIS) such as MS Project, the project management professionals can add to their work efficiency to meet stakeholder expectations. Learning of MS Project as a project management tool is certainly a skill that has market and professional demands today.
Who can benefit
All professionals involved with handling of projects and programs.
This course provides the fundamentals of MS Project. It describes the key concepts of how to use the MSP application for effective planning and tracking of projects.
No previous knowledge of MSP is required
- Historical perspective of PMIS
- Introduction to new features of MSP
- Overview of how to manage projects effectively using MSP
- Learning skills to list and organize tasks
- Rescheduling of task(s) and observing its effects on the overall delivery schedule
- Developing the understanding of the critical path and managing critical tasks
- Understanding how to create and modify calendars
- Learning about resource listing and assigning resources
- Understanding the use of baseline in project
- Learning how to update project progress information
- Managing project tracking
- Understanding the impact of scope, time, and cost changes to project
- Generating Dynamic Reports of project information
- Using the MSP effectively with some cool tips and tricks
- Handling a sample project in a class room exercise using MSP application on own lap top
The training fee is $950
2 days / 3 sessions of 3hrs each.